8: POP mail setup
POP mail trouble? It's been some time since
this issue has been addressed. For those of you who are
using the CaliBust e-mail service some recent Powweb technical
changes may result in error messages. Here are a few pointers:
- My server requires authentication is ticked (in Account
- Change your outgoing port to 587
- Incoming and outgoing mail servers are set to 'mail.california-or-bust.com'
- You are using the correct username and password for your
- You do NOT have SSL enabled
- You have temporarily disabled your firewall and/or email
- Visit and follow the
tutorials to set-up your email (Provided by Powweb)
14: Introducing CaliBust video
It is time for one of the not-so-frequent updates. It was
9 (nine) years in the making but now, finally, the CaliBust
videos have made their appearance.
More than an hour of footage is available here.
Only some of the clips are in color, which is caused by an
unfortunate hardware issue during the initial encoding process.
My inherent laziness kept me from re-encoding a second time
but the final result is not that bad, really. Actually, the
black and white clips add a "film noir" flavor to the whole
thing. It may not be The Maltese Falcon but hey...
A few minor updates have been made here and there. Some users
may experience problems with the popup script that should
be displaying photos in greater detail. This is a known problem
and a remedy is under development.
End of transmission.